Monday, October 29, 2012

Love trying new products? Try KLUTCHclub!

I hope everyone is safe from Hurricane Sandy!  So far, I'm just enjoying a little forced-vacation and am actually getting my laundry done but it's definitely starting to pick up out there. Be careful!

I was recently contacted by someone at KLUTCHclub and was offered a free box (except shipping costs) in return for a review on my blog.  I had never heard of KLUTCHclub before, but after looking at their website, I thought it was a great idea!  KLUTCHclub assembles a new box each month "of more than $50 worth of nutrition, beverage, supplement, skincare, and fitness products and cost only $16-18 each month and are for men and woman who like to try new products from brands with which they many not be familiar." 

What a great idea!  It gives people a way to test out new products without having to spend a lot of money on products they may or may not end up liking. Plus, I think it's so much more fun to receive a bunch of smaller products than the price equivalent of one full sized product. 

At the beginning of each month, they show what is in the box for the month, so you know what you'll be getting.  While it would be fun for it to be a surprise, it's also nice to know whether you want to spend the money that month or not!  Their prices seem totally reasonable too, since you definitely get more than $18 worth.


Here's what came in my box that arrived a few days ago!





















Sorry, slightly blurry, but it tells you what the products are, why they chose them and how to 
use them.

(I should have looked at that chart before trying the Omega3 + D packets. Apparently I'm supposed to mix them with something and not eat it straight from the packet....)

Note: There were two more samples of the Good Greens bites, but one was Chocolate & Peanut Butter (didn't last more than a few seconds) and the other was Chocolate Raspberry. Those types of things never last more than a day with me around. The chocolate and peanut butter one was especially good (but really, have you had anything chocolate and peanut butter that wasn't good???) and I will be looking into buying some more of them!

I haven't tried most of these products yet, because I hadn't taken enough pictures of them for this review, but here are the ones I'm most excited to try!:

DeVita Natural Eyeliner
Pure Matters- protein drink
Yurbuds
King Arthur Whole Flax Meal

The only thing that I probably will not try is the Hungershield appetite control drink mix.  I've never been one to use any type of diet supplement- no diet pills or other appetite suppressing products, and I'm not about to start.

That product aside, I think this is a really great idea and I'm excited to see what they're putting in the November box!

Interested in joining KLUTCHclub? Here's a link! http://mbsy.co/8HG

In other news, after running 22 (awesome) miles on Saturday and 7 (tiring) miles yesterday, I'm now officially tapering! And I couldn't be happier!!! My body is definitely ready to lower the mileage, sleep as much as possible (thanks Hurricane Sandy for allowing me to sleep until 11am today!) and eat healthy for the next (almost) 3 weeks until the Philadelphia Marathon!

Stay safe!!!

Have you ever gotten a KLUTCHclub box? Thoughts? Are you prepared for the storm? Are you loving or hating tapering, NYC marathoners? Are you excited, nervous or both?! If you're not running the marathon, are you excited to cheer/watch on TV? 

Disclaimer: I was not paid by KLUTCHclub but did receive the box at a discounted price. I did not have to give a favorable review.


No comments:

Post a Comment