Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Learned & Loved! January 21-27

What I Learned & Loved! 

This is a delayed post from last week. I was sick and out of work for four days so have been playing catch-up on my life since then!

Learned: The flu sucks. But it's awesome to have your coaches checking in on you, asking how you're feeling and not having to worry about how you're going to make up for the lost week. Last week while I was sick (from Tuesday-Saturday), Derek and Allison checked in on me every day, which was so appreciated! I felt bad and was frustrated because I got sick on the FIRST day I was supposed to do one of their workouts, but was obviously not in any condition to run for a few days. And when I was ready to run again, they were there with a revised training plan for me so I could ease back into running! Thank you, Derek and Allison! (I promise I'll still learn what VO2 max is, I just didn't have it in me last week to look this up in between sleeping, blowing my nose and sweating. While sitting on the couch. Ew.)

Loved: I loved getting in my first good run after being sick! On Sunday I went out for 6 (snot-filled), glorious miles. I took it easy and didn't look at my Garmin, except to slow myself down a few times!   I returned from this run feeling very grateful that my body repaired itself after only a few days of feeling horrible.  On Friday, I was completely exhausted after just getting groceries and unloading them, and on Sunday, I made it out for a run, to NJ to see "Silver Linings Playbook" and even out for a friend's birthday! It's amazing what the human body can do!

Now that I'm back to normal this week, I'm loving following my training plan and getting in some good runs! Bring it on NYC and Eugene Half Marathons!


What did you learn and love this past week?

4 comments:

  1. LOVED the movie. Really thought Bradley Cooper was amazing. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    The Kidless Kronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great movie! Really didn't know anything about it going into it and really loved it when we walked away from it!

      Thank you- so glad to be healthy again! :) Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. So glad you're feeling better! I'm feeling a lot better today, too, and hopefully will be running by Friday. I'm so worried about how it'll affect my training plan, but trying not to freak out too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're finally feeling better too, Jen! Being sick is the worst! Just remember, you still have 6 weeks...AND you just finished training for a half! You'll be good to go, don't worry! Just take it easy for a few days and next week you'll be ready to run fast again! :) Can't wait to see you Saturday!

      Delete