Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gifts for someone that has everything?!


I've had the chance to test and review two great products recently and I wanted to share my thoughts with you.  Maybe a holiday present for someone that has everything?!

The first product is the Runner's World Cookbook. I've been pretty bad about cooking recently, but I have made a few recipes from this cookbook and they've all been great! My FAVORITE is the Minestrone Soup! I've actually made this several times already, passed the recipe on to a friend and keep meaning to send it to my mom. It's simple, tastes great and is healthy!

The cookbook is very easy to use, with all recipes all having "tabs" at the top that tell you at quick glance if they're gluten free, vegetarian, good for recovery, etc. If you're looking for a certain type of recipe, or something that will be great to eat after long runs, this book makes it really easy to find the perfect recipe.







































The Table of Contents breaks down the various types of meals and even includes breakfast & smoothies! Things have been insane recently, but I'm looking forward to using this book more and trying out more recipes in the next few months as I start marathon training!




The second product that I've had a chance to try out is the Sony Walkman MP3 player. I don't swim, but if I did, this would be even cooler because it's WATERPROOF! Remember that, triathletes!!

I have always used my iPod Shuffle for running so was skeptical about wanting to try another item. Until I looked it up online. Look how simple it is!

Excuse my hair....


  
Once I figured out what I was doing, it was really easy to load music onto this device.

My favorite things about it are:
1. No cords to deal with on the run
2. Easy to use
3. You can bend it so it fits your head ears well
4. It comes with several different size ear pieces so you can choose the one that fits you best
5. Perfect for solo speedwork, tempo runs or just an easy day

Things to think about before purchasing this:
1. When I run races (or if I run on the streets at night), I usually just use one headphone, but that's not possible with this item
2. It doesn't fit comfortably under headbands or hats during the colder months

While I won't be able to use this MP3 player for races, running with friends or in the winter months, I do look forward to being able to use it in the Spring for solo marathon training days!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?!

Disclaimer: I was given the Runner's World Cookbook and Sony Walkman MP3 player to test and review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment: