Friday, July 27, 2012

Not a Food Blog, but here's a recipe!


I am definitely not a food blogger.  And I don't intend to become one.  So please keep sharing your recipes because you probably won't find many here!  Not that I don't cook, but because I don't think I know how to make food sound interesting, flowery, or very enjoyable!  But, I just found and made an awesome, SUPER easy salad/meal that I wanted to share!  It may not sound that great from my post, but take my word for it! Go make it!

Warm New Potato and Lentil Salad
3/8 cup lentils
1 lb new potatoes (I used Yukon- same thing? Dunno, but the Yukon's were good!)
6 scallions (I used 3- seemed to be enough)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (oops just saw this- I used Red Wine vinegar, which was also really good! When I make it again, I think I'll use red wine vinegar again)
Salt and pepper

Bring a large pan of water to a boil.  Rinse the lentils, then cook for 20 minutes or until tender (I cooked them for 25 minutes).  Drain and rinse, then put to the side.

Meanwhile, steam or boil (I boiled) the potatoes until they are soft all the way through.  Drain and halve.

Chop the scallions, and add potatoes, lentils and scallions together.

This is where I got creative to make it even better!  (Ooh, maybe I do have a future as a food blogger!)  I chopped and mixed in fresh basil.  If you're vegan, you can stop there.  But if you're a vegetarian or carnivore, try adding some gorgonzola cheese (if you are one of those people that like moldy cheese. Like me) to the top.

I didn't decide to post this recipe until after I ate, but here's what's left (not much).


SO good!  I paired it with some cucumbers that have been marinating (can I use that word if they're only marinating in one ingredient?) in white vinegar and salt and pepper.  A great snack for the summer!

Have any favorite, super easy, go-to recipes?  This is now one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment