Friday, June 29, 2012

Vega Energizing Smoothie Review and Get a Free Sample!

By now, you've probably heard of Vega and their new Energizing Smoothies, but in case you haven't, Vega is a nutritional company that uses plant-based products for optimal nutrition.

The Energizing Smoothie is the first Vega product I've tried.  It comes in a packet and you just mix with water, juice or milk, shake and enjoy!

The Energizing Smoothie comes in five flavors:
Choc-A-Lot
Bodacious Berry
Oh Natural
Tropical Tango
Vanilla Almondilla


These packets are really convenient and make a quick, easy smoothie!  Each flavor contains around 10 grams of protein, which as a runner and vegetarian is really important to me.  They also contain fiber, Omega-3 and 2 servings of veggies in each packet!  Sounds good to me!  They all have 105 calories or less and keep me full in between meals.

I'll be honest...my first smoothie was Choc-A-Lot mixed with water.  It took me a while to finish drinking it.  It wasn't exactly what I expected and wasn't as sweet as I had hoped.  However, I then tried the Vanilla Almondilla, Bodacious Berry and Choc-A-Lot (again) with Rice Milk- MUCH BETTER!  It made the smoothies creamier and added some extra flavor.

Choc-A-Lot Energizing Smoothie and Rice Milk

I wanted to try the Tropical Tango today with juice, but realized I didn't have any juice!  Must go grocery shopping....

Vega has also posted some awesome sounding recipes online, like this one: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151007996767155&set=a.10150980120157155.397454.36103782154&type=1&theater

I haven't done anything creative or interesting with these packets, but I'm sure they'd be great blended with Greek yogurt, ice, milk, juices, fruits, etc!  However, my favorite part of the Energizing Smoothie is the quick and easy-ness of it, along with the protein that fills me up!

I would definitely recommend these Energizing Smoothies for an easy, on-the-go snack and additional way to sneak some much needed protein into your diet!  In fact, I'd recommend them so much that you can get your own sample right from this link: to receive a FREE VegaOne sample courtesy of Vega, click here

Enjoy, and let me know if you come up with some irresistible recipes that I should try!

Have you tried the Vega Energizing Smoothie?  Have you tried other Vega products?  What are your thoughts?


(Disclaimer: I wasn't paid for this review.  I was sent the Vega samples to try and was asked to write a review in return.  I was not required to write a positive review.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment